Dear Church Family,
Happy New Year! First, I pray that you were able to find some peace and rest this holiday season. Our church has some great things in the works for 2022, all of which will help us grow in the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ and share his love with everyone. The church leaders and I encourage you to join in and invite others along, too.
And now, an important update for everyone. Due to the rising numbers of COVID cases in NJ, we are making a few temporary changes in order to keep one another safe and healthy as we begin the new year.
- Communion will be delayed until January 16th;
- All Sunday school classes will now begin on January 16th;
- Nursery during worship will not be available until January 16th
- We recommend that everyone, vaccinated or not, be masked in our worship, classes, and meetings;
- If possible, please sit only with people in your own pod;
- All meetings should take place on zoom for the next two weeks. If you need help with this, email the office ([email protected]).
These changes will last for the next two weeks until we see where the case numbers are going. If we need to extend them, you will be notified as soon as possible. Remember, if you feel sick or think you have been exposed, or if you just don’t feel comfortable coming to in-person worship, please worship with us online through Facebook Live (facebook.com/GlassboroUMC). No subscription necessary.
Our church has done an incredible job in preventing the spread throughout our congregation and I am confident we will continue to do so in the new year. As the Apostle Paul said, “let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up” (Gal.6:9).
Yours in Christ,
First UMC Glassboro’s Statement of Purpose:
“We are a community of imperfect people who believe in Jesus Christ and are learning, serving, and sharing God’s love with everyone.”